Compilation of Cooking Mama Games
The Cooking Mama games needs no introduction in the world of Nintendo and mobile gaming. This one-of-a-kind series introduces a stellar collection of video games and adventures in the form of cooking simulation minigames.
From Wii spin-offs and titles on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS to 3DS spin-offs and DS spin-offs, this series currently has a long list of games ready for cooking simulation lovers. To save you time, we present a well-curated list of all Cooking Mama Games available on different platforms.
So, check them all.
1. Cooking Mama (DS)
If you’re looking for the original Cooking Mama video game, this is the one! On March 23, 2006, Office Create Corp. released this game for the DS in Japan and on September 12, 2006, in the United States. Since this game was so simplistic in its approach, no future sequels have elements like achievement medals or the ability to customize Mama and the kitchen like it.
- Let’s Cook: The primary game mode in which the player must accomplish a number of mini-games to prepare a meal.
- Use Skill: Mini-games of each distinct task, including cutting, peeling, slicing, etc.
- Let’s Combine: The player can combine two recipes by finishing minigames from both of the recipes.
2. Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends (DS)
The second game in the series for the Nintendo DS, Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends, was initially made available in November 2007. This cooking mama DS game introduces various new gameplay styles along with new recipes, increasing the variety of minigames overall. With the option to add stickers to recipes in a separate album, this game revealed a number of Mama’s relatives and friends.
- Let’s Cook Challenge: A more difficult variation of Let’s Cook in which the player will fail a dish if they commit any serious errors.
- Cooking Competition: Up to four friends can compete against the player over wireless multiplayer.
3. Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop (DS)
Launched in October 2009, Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop is the third and one of the most entertaining Nintendo DS games in the series. This Cooking Mama game featured a hands-on demo during E3 2009.
- Cook with Mama: This primary instructional mode allows players to practice or complete up to 65 meals.
- Let’s Cook!: In this challenge level, the player chooses a character for whom to prepare a dish, and they are required to do so without Mama’s assistance. It is also possible to play in a more difficult mode where the only way to pass is with a perfect score.
- Let’s Match!: It allows the user to choose two ingredients to create a brand-new cuisine. There are 15 dishes in total to prepare.
- Let’s Shop!: The most recent game mode! Play the role of Ichigo and direct her as she shops for food for Mama.
4. Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic (3DS)
The first game in the Cooking Mama series to be released on the Nintendo 3DS, Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic, was initially made available in November 2011. With sweet Mama Plush as part of the pre-order package, customers find it one of the best Mama Cooking games.
- Let’s Combine!: With 60 entertaining recipes, this mode lets you combine recipes while engaging in unique minigames.
- Let’s Help!: This mode enables players to engage in unique minigames unrelated to cooking.
- Mama’s Gallery: The player can customize Mama’s background, the kitchen, and the color of their kitchenware.
- Let’s Play Together: This is a wireless multiplayer mode for a fun pastime with others.
5. Cooking Mama 5 (3DS)
This fifth edition of the Cooking Mama Game series was launched in Japan and the US in the same year – 2013. It includes more than 60 recipes as well as 30 brand-new tasks that call for shopping and housework. Similar to Cooking Mama 4, this game makes use of 3DS features and lets the player acquire stuff through SpotPass to personalize gameplay.
- Let’s Cook: The game’s default mode. Make step-by-step recipes. Earn medals in timed challenges at the cooking school.
- Let’s Help in the Shop: Work the register and pretend to be a waitress at Mama’s Burger Shop. Gather the ingredients for the recipe before you cook.
- Let’s Help Mama: Assist Mom with household tasks. Let’s study word and number games.
6. Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop (3DS)
The fourth on the list of the Cooking Mama games for the 3DS was released on November 6, 2014, in Japan and on May 16, 2017, in the rest of the world. The size of the candy store you manage in this game will progressively increase as you invent and finish more recipes.
There are 60 different recipes in the game, as well as more than 160 minigames to play, featuring a multiplayer option that can accommodate two to four players at once.
7. Gardening Mama (DS)
The Player tends to a Garden with Mama in this March 2009 DS game. This version from the list of our Cooking Mama games has basic, constrained game mechanics. It also had a real-time component, requiring the player to repeatedly tend to their designs and garden for them to grow.
- Let’s Get Growing!: In this main mode of the game, an acquaintance will let you know when a plant is dying.
- Make it Fancy: In this section, you can accessorize Mama and craft some adorable jewelry for her out of flowers. View “Unlockables” for information on what Mama can wear or possess.
Other features include Cute Treasure Chest, Decorate The Garden, and Let’s Play Together.
8. Crafting Mama (DS)
Mama is a DS game that was released in October 2010 that helps the player create different crafts. The player could not only play the crafting minigames but also individual minigames for each craft, examine their craft gallery and dress up Mama in the various creations.
- Let’s Craft: It is the game’s primary mode, just like in the regular series. In this mode, the player can select a craft or project and create things to unlock additional crafts and clothing for Mama.
- Mystery Crafting: Making a mystery craft is what the player will do in this mode. After finishing one, they are given another. The nine items total are the same as those in the main mode.
Other features/modes include Mama’s Gallery, Craft Collection, and Crafting Party.
9. Camping Mama: Outdoor Adventures (DS)
Join Mama and the family on this untamed outdoor adventure by going camping. You can go on adventures, prepare meals, and furnish the campsite. You can also choose to play as Ringo, Mama’s son, for the first time, or Ichigo.
This Cooking Mama DS game is compatible with Nintendo DS ever since its launch in 2011. It is a Cooking Mama series spin-off book. It has 38 stages and 100 touch-screen minigames with a camping theme.
- Challenge: You can play whichever minigame you have completed or unlocked.
- Books: One may change items, view special items, view items that they’ve unlocked, change items, and even alter things like a clock!
10. Gardening Mama 2 (3DS)
The Gardening Mama 2 was released in April 2014. In this game, the player is tasked with growing their garden to help Mama’s family and friends with their own gardens, as well as the new shop owners, by providing them with the necessary materials. The player receives tickets for fresh seeds and other garden-related products by doing this.
- Tend The Plants!: The main game mode allows you to nurture plants and aid your woodland buddies.
- Help Out! – There are several minigames available here.
- Take a Photo! – With the use of the Nintendo 3DS Camera, take a picture and add backgrounds and garden accessories to it.
11. Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Wii)
It was the first Cooking Mama console game and was launched on February 8th, 2007. also was basic and simple like the original DS game, but also included various recipes based on the game’s concepts.
- It introduces dessert and sweets recipes for the first time, with over 50 recipes and 300 ingredients overall.
- National flags are used as a sign to indicate the recipe’s origin.
There are two new game modes:
- Friends and Foods of the World, in which the player competes in a cook-off with ten foreign friends and
- Friends and Food, in which the player engages in multiplayer head-to-head combat.
12. Cooking Mama: World Kitchen (Wii)
On November 18, 2008, the second Wii game in the series was made available. The player can create their very own character in this game. Plays are similar to the first Wii game but with improved controls and unique features.
- 3D art in cel shading Co-Op, Solo Challenge, and Take Mama On are all different Cooking Contest game modes where the player can truly compete against Mama.
- Fresh recipes and minigames that repair mistakes and give the player another chance are available.
13. Cooking Mama: Cookstar (Switch)
Released on March 13, 2020, it was the first Cooking Mama Nintendo Switch game. Mama instructs the player to prepare both time-honored favorites and cutting-edge dishes that they can adorn and photograph. In addition to new utensil colors, the player can also change Mama’s clothes.
When the game was first shown in August 2019, a PlayStation 4 version was also announced. Planet Entertainment launched the game on March 25, 2021. This was the first Cooking Mama game to be made available on a third-party console.
Cooking Mama: Cookstar is currently unavailable on Nintendo Switch.
14. Babysitting Mama (Wii)
In this cute spin-off, which was published on November 25, 2010, the player can assist Mama in watching a bunch of lovely infants. When it comes to Cooking Mama games for mobile, users give their first preference to this version.
- Babysitting: The game’s main mode is babysitting. Choose a baby, then follow the instructions provided to them to complete each task, earning a new page.
- Babysitters Guide: Here, you can work on any minigame that you had trouble finishing.
- VS Play!: In this mode, two buddies can compete against one another.
- Options: Clear data, return to the title screen, and credits.
Also, view photographs of what you did with the infant to relive the memories. Each infant has a unique book.
15. Cooking Mama Lite (Mobile App)
Cooking Mama Lite was launched on May 1st, 2009, as free software for the Apple iPhone OS. The hamburger stewed in tomato sauce recipe was the only thing the game offered. Interestingly, it was a watered-down version of the original Cooking Mama game that the audience loved a lot.
Cooking Mama Lite is currently unavailable for download on iPhone devices.
16. Gardening Mama (Mobile App)
On September 23, 2010, Gardening Mama’s mobile application for Apple iOS was launched. On June 13, 2011, a “Lite” version of the app became available for free. From the Apple App Store, it was later taken down and has no signs of coming back.
Gardening Mama – Mobile App version is currently unavailable on all platforms.
17. Cooking Mama Friends Cafe (Facebook)
It is a Facebook game that went live on January 13, 2011, where players may create recipes using the ingredients they earn or buy with real money. Each dish has one or two simple preparation processes, and the player can utilize them to start their own café that both other players and NPCs will frequent. In 2013, the game was discontinued on March 22.
18. Cooking Mama Seasons (Mobile App)
Cooking Mama Seasons, which replaced Cooking Mama Lite and was made available for Apple iOS on December 21, 2012, gave players the ability to create their own meals. Some of them made an appearance in the first game, while others made their debut in this one.
Additionally, the user could peruse their album and gather cards for decoration. The original Cooking Mama mobile app’s premium edition was replaced by a “Pro” version. Since then, they have been taken off of the Apple App Store.
Cooking Mama Season – Mobile App is currently unavailable on all platforms.
19. Cooking Mama: Let's Cook! (Mobile App)
Cooking Mama: Let’s Cook! is a new mobile app made for devices running Android, iOS, or iPadOS that was released on May 14, 2015. Similar to Cooking Mama Seasons, it offers a selection of meals that can be cooked, some of which can be bought in-game.
The user can also buy other goods to change Mama’s appearance as well as the environment, cooking areas, and equipment. Since its debut on May 14, 2015, the game has received updates that include mini-games, Mama’s excursions, and footage of various dishes being prepared.
20. Cooking Mama Let's Cook Puzzle (Mobile App)
It is a puzzle game made available on February 18, 2016, for Android, iOS, and iPad devices. The Player must connect various ingredients known as “Foo-Dons” to create cuisines and dishes that are then served to clients at the restaurants, much like in Disney TsumTsum and Candy Crush.
The Player can spend earned coins at a small shop called the “Foo-Don Shop” to purchase additional Foo-Dons. Although both Apple and Android versions of this Cooking Mama game were created first, it is only now accessible through Apple.
21. Cooking Mama: Burger Shop (Facebook)
It’s a quick-paced cooking game for Facebook Messenger that puts players in a fast-food atmosphere. It was published in December 2016. The player must precisely and swiftly prepare customer orders for hamburgers. Since then, Facebook has taken the game down.
22. Cooking Mama: Cuisine! (Apple Arcade)
Launched on June 17, 2022, via Apple Arcade, Cooking Mama: Cuisine! runs smoothly on Apple devices. However, it’s only through Apple Arcade that the subscribers can skip commercials and the need to buy more features in-app.
With this comprehensive list of all Cooking Mama games, you’re now all set to cook the best dishes of your time all while relaxing and having fun! Choose the Cooking Mama game that best fits your master chef skills and get started today!